List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: html editor
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-28 7:44:59

I see you feel very strong about this, so I will just tell you mine situation:
I work in an internet company, we make websites by the dozens. Not static but
interactive website with database input/output. This is done via html templates.

These templates contain tags which do things like
#if($costomer.HasDiscount) {
  bla
}

etc.

These codes I have to type by hand, so I agree with your statements.

On the other hand I can not and I don't want to create the tables by hand
that I use reguarly (since layers just don't work in target browsers)
And creating links to other files in my site is as easy as point and
click.
And what about converting a whole page to another fontset, it would take you
3 clicks in dreamweaver. It would take you halve an hour by hand, per page!

I good go on and on, wysiwyg is the way to go for professional html editors as
well; why? simply becouse it allows then to try more in less time. Not settling
for a working solution becuase you just don't have time to try others..

Well sorry, if I imposed. I see another program which has potential. I think
I'll look at it with a more open eye then you did.

Thanx

--
Thomas Zander                                              zander@earthling.net
History repeats itself, it has to nobody ever listens.         gpg-key:  0588D5