List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: long hair developers :) ... and printdialog
From:       Brian Pirie <gexcfxyy () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2000-03-31 17:05:58

I know that I'm jumping in on this thread a little late, but I'd like to pass on
more information about what we have been and are thinking about doing with libaps
(http://opensource.corel.com/printlib.html or
http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2328).

Currently we have library level support implemented for most everything that is
described in the documentation, including enumerating printers, PPD file parsing,
obtaining and modifying job attributes, send jobs to printers, viewing and
manipulating queues, and the printer model database support.

> have also done a printdialog for corel linux?

This is one of the things that we're currently thinking about. What we'd
ultimately like to see available to applications is a common print dialog box that
provides full access to all device features (say, from a PPD file if one is being
used), and that is integrated with the settings made in the kcontrol printers
panel.

For instance, if a particular printer supports duplexing, you should be able to
turn this on by default in Control Center. A UI with a similar look in feel should
then be available at print time to override these defaults with job-specific
settings.

--
Brian Pirie
Project Leader - Printing Technologies

--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail