List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: long hair developers :) ... and printdialog
From:       Stephan Heigl <stephan () heigl-gmbh ! de>
Date:       2000-03-21 20:02:26

Am Tue, 21 Mar 2000 schrieb Roberto Alsina:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Stephan Heigl wrote:
>
> > I havenīt got much knowledge about QT2.1īs license.....may i copy code from
> > qprinter_x11.cpp and create an new QPrinter::cmd method?
>
> Why not just inherit it?
>
> Also, you could do it using a different mechanism. Something like making
> applications use
>
> QPrinter *KPrinterDialog::getPrinter()
>
> and then print to THAT QPrinter, and never create the QPrinter themselves.
>
> This allows for setting system wide defaults for paper size, for instance.
> Or creating plugins that simply create better QPrinters. A Specialized
> CUPS QPrinter, or a Qprinter that integrated my PDF QPaintDevice, or
> whatever.
>
> Of course, it is now a bit too late to make this API change :-P
>
>  ("\''/").__..-''"`-. .         Roberto Alsina
>  `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
>  (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
>   _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
> (l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
>                                 KDE Developer (MFCH)
> The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul

Of course  i didnīt want to copy all the stuff...but beat me if i am wrong :)
... i thought wenn you call QPrinter::end() method, the data is passed to lpr.
But in my i case i should be passed to the dialog (which inserts PPD stuff into
the ps file) and then pass it to cups or lpr.
This requires a change in KPrinter::cmd (letīs call this a QPrinter-based
class).

Change which API?  I really hope there will be libAPS in kdesupport and a
kprintdialog dir in kdelibs some time....but i fear not in KDE2.0 .....:(

regards

stephan