List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cvs log
From:       Charles <charles () altair ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-03-25 15:40:33

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Jono Bacon wrote:
> --- Charles <charles@altair.dhs.org> wrote:
> > I've got a web based "most recent commits" thing at
> > my site.
> > It currently is limited to 20 commits.. but I can
> > change that easily.
>
> This is *really* handy. A few suggestions though:
>
> * See if you can format the data a bit more easily.
I'll see what I can do :). Hmm.. /me remembers the ereg function :)

> * Can you set it so whenever a commit is made it
> automatically refreshes the window. This would be
> handy because you can leave the page open in a window,
> and whenever a commit is made you can see it
> automatically refresh. This will be handy for updating
> your sources when you see a bugfix or feature
> commited.
Probably not :)  I could though, have it refresh every 10 seconds or so.

> * Could we set up a similer service as an application
> for KDE or a kicker applet. I would code it myself but
> I am currently not skilled enough (I am learning
> *fast* though). A kicker applet would be particularly
> useful. I will have a hack at it though, and see if I
> can come up with anything.
If anyone wishes to volunteer, they could, perhaps take advantage of the fact
that everything is loaded into my SQL Server.

*And* I can think of one way for my server to notify these applets of a new
commit.

if anyone wants to volunteer..... :)