List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: trasparent image
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-23 2:26:21

> How do you set the background of your application to be transparent,
> like some terminals do?  I tried loading a transparent gif for a
> background, but it sets the transparency to white.

  Look it up in kdenonbeta/gofai-wmt how it is done (it is a simpler app
than konsole). It is just a metter of several lines added to your
widget code (look it up in gofaiWidget.cpp & h). You
need to copy krootpixmap.cpp & h to your app because we could not agree to
move it to kdelibs (maybe it is not too late?).

  Of course, it is just pseudo-transparency.

       Lotzi