List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Display technologies in KDE
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-02-02 6:14:23

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Paulo Pinto wrote:

>   Hi
>
>   Yesterday I've read an article about the new display technology of
> MacOS, that is based in PDF, available at :
>
>  http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/1q00/macos-x-gui/macos-x-gui-1.html
>
>   AFAIK, GNUStep uses Postscript display technology, GNOME uses
> the GNOME Canvas that is also based in Postscript

Is it? In what way?

> and even M$ is
> thinking
> in adding something like this in the future.
>
>   So is there something like this for KDE ?

Well, Qt's latest snapshots have a QCanvas, but this really needs to be
handled at the X server level.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul