List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Focus Policy
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-12-30 16:33:37

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Stephan Litsch wrote:
> > CVS should compile at all times. If not, someone needs to fix it
> > :-)
>
> And NT should behave as a real operation system! What do you want to
> say by "SHOULD"! And who is "SOMEONE"?

CVS should compile: anyone who commits code must take care that it compiles.
someone needs to fix: a person with CVS access who finds out that it does not
compile and is able to correct the problem.

> The link "kdecvs.stud.th.heilbronn.de" in "www.kde.org" is down to
> determine who is "SOMEONE". I have no CVS-access -- or is there a
> possiblity to get read-only-access now?

Yes. Use CVSup.

> The developers completly ignore the "Changes"- or "PORTING"-files!

No they don't. I have a 23K long KDE2PORTING file in kdelibs.

> That would be nice. Please start with the actual changes in
> KFileDialog and why it is necessary to replace a functioning class
> with the actuall bullshit in CVS.

What you call a "functioning class" had serious design problems and some
developers are currently working hard to replace it with a much better designed
class.

> Please explain me, why KRASH has
> been released with a "stabilized API" and two  weeks later
> (28/12/1999) all my ported applications do not compile anymore?!?

That's the price you pay for being on the bleeding edge. If you find that a
waste of time, just use KRASH until the next developers release. By that time
you can find what has changed since KRASH in KDE2PORTING.

> What the fuck are you doing there? That's exactly the point I meant
> with "loss of time"!!!!!

We are making a kick-ass developers framework for morons like you.

Cheers,
Waldo