List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: (oops) Re: DCOP question
From:       Sebastien Tanguy <sebastien.tanguy () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-18 20:14:48

[...]
M> But who is going to move the user cache out of the home directory? Are
M> you going to create a cache dir for each user int /tmp ? I think not.

At the University i was still a year ago, the cache dir was in a /tmp
(or some local equivalent, in fact); And there are 2 good reasons: NFS
and quotas. (errr say 3, with the use of a proxy :-).

For all config files, i think having them read-only shouldn't be a
problem in the use of the desktop. For all the kinds of temporary
files, it should probably be configurable.

greetings,
seb.
--
 "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to using
  Windows NT for mission-critical applications."