List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: docking
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-11-16 1:25:06

Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Greg Lee wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for porting kmidi.  Did you observe any trouble/problems with the port?
> > > Something I should add to the documentation?
> >
> > No trouble that wasn't my own fault.  I didn't look at the documentation --
> > I adapted the code from kscd.  I never look at docs if I can find an
> > example.
>
> arglllll......whythehellamiwritingdocsatall..... ;)
>
> Seriously, there's nothing wrong in learning from good examples (as with kscd
> this time). But problems occur if people copy bad code over and over again
> rather then reading the docs how it should be done.

Perhaps we should copy the kscd code (cut down) into the docs as an
example?

On the same subject, I notice that most of the code in kdetest has
gone, IMHO this is a pity, but as noone was maintaining it I can
understand why. Any volunteers to maintain this code?

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard@robocast.com