List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ktalk-config
From:       Boris Povazay <boris () jouh ! at>
Date:       1999-11-04 0:00:05

David Faure wrote:

> Well as this nice talk is right but it doesn't go anywhere, does it ? :)
Into the future... P-)

> Yes, modern distributions have a lot of nicer ways to find out
> what's installed, but that's distribution specific.
> Distributions should take care of this : when installing whatevertalk and
> ktalkd,
> ktalkd configuration has to be updated to call whatevertalk.
That was the idea with the list - it is possible to have multiple
clients installed on a multiuser system. So it would be good to have an
editable LIST instead of only one entry. I guess it is hard for any
distrib to implement a multiple client-selector from the outside.
Different users will use different settings, and a list of entries could
help here to offer them the alternatives in a convinient way! (I want to
put the discussion of future possibilities aside, by now)

> But anyway : do you know many good talk clients besides ktalk ? :-)
The question is: good for whom...? P-)

ciao BoP
P.S.: The ktalkd-helpfile could be updated with the explaination for the
answering-machine settings!
--
Boris Povazay