David Faure wrote: > Well as this nice talk is right but it doesn't go anywhere, does it ? :) Into the future... P-) > Yes, modern distributions have a lot of nicer ways to find out > what's installed, but that's distribution specific. > Distributions should take care of this : when installing whatevertalk and > ktalkd, > ktalkd configuration has to be updated to call whatevertalk. That was the idea with the list - it is possible to have multiple clients installed on a multiuser system. So it would be good to have an editable LIST instead of only one entry. I guess it is hard for any distrib to implement a multiple client-selector from the outside. Different users will use different settings, and a list of entries could help here to offer them the alternatives in a convinient way! (I want to put the discussion of future possibilities aside, by now) > But anyway : do you know many good talk clients besides ktalk ? :-) The question is: good for whom...? P-) ciao BoP P.S.: The ktalkd-helpfile could be updated with the explaination for the answering-machine settings! -- Boris Povazay