List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kash Kontinued.
From:       pbrown () redhat ! com
Date:       1999-10-31 13:15:39

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, FERDINAND GASSAUER wrote:

> I am very much interested in this project, cause most of the projects I have
> seen and tried have dramatic performance problems (due to inadequate storage
> technics ?).
> My background - I developed an extensive accounting system
> (financial,cost ,material..) running on ORACLE since about 10 years suitable for
> small and large (some 100000 transactions per day) companies.
> Some of my points.

[ deleted rest of message ]

One word: overkill.   If you try and do everything that is suggested here,
you will not be done for months, maybe even a year.

Start small, add these features as you go after you have reasonably
working stuff.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.