List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kash Kontinued.
From:       FERDINAND GASSAUER <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       1999-10-31 8:44:45

Hi!
I am very much interested in this project, cause most of the projects I have
seen and tried have dramatic performance problems (due to inadequate storage
technics ?).
My background - I developed an extensive accounting system
(financial,cost ,material..) running on ORACLE since about 10 years suitable for
small and large (some 100000 transactions per day) companies.
Some of my points.
* separete front end issuses (GUI) from data-storage.
* use double entry to ensure consitency - It does not realy matter how things
are called at user level (account = balance / category = profit and loss)
* use transaction processing to ensure consitency
* allow for multi user / multi "company" - I could imagine that some peolpe
will use such a system for private and (small) business accounting
* provide for VAT
* provide for cost accounting - I think quicken and money call it sub categories
* provide for currency to EURO transition - as I hope the project will be
running before 1.1.2002 ;-)
* provide a "ready to run" application when distributing - and a setup wizzard
* provide for later extensions of data records
* provide network capabilities (my wife might not use my box to do her
data entry)

given this I strongly suggest to use a (free) SQL Database.

What I can do is to provide the (SQL) DB-design (in german) we have used - which
has some flaws due to earlier design errors and technical improvements - but
basically it's here and waits for a GUI-interface.

regards
Ferdinand