List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.2 and language support problem
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-10-19 8:41:04

Carlo Robazza wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have run into a situation that I find very confusing and was hoping
> someone could explain what is going on. In Control Center, the languages
> module (kcmlocale), if you set all languages to US English, then the
> word "color" appears as "color". If you set any one of the 3 choices to
> UK English, then "color" appears as "colour" (the UK spelling).
>
> Now, if the US spelling for "color" can be found when all three choices
> are set to US English, then why can't it be found when one of the
> choices is set to UK English?

This is a rather funny bug. The kcmlocale writes out C:C:en_UK and the
KLocale class looks around for translation files for each of them and
only
finds one for en_UK and uses that one. The trick/fix is to make an
exception for C.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.