List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.2 and language support problem
From:       "Robert Hagemann" <rhagemann () psipenta ! com>
Date:       1999-10-19 7:13:43

Hi Carlo and all other,

<cite>
I realize that the second and third selectors are fallbacks in case the
first
isn't available. Here is a more graphic description of what I have found...

Scenario 1:
Choice 1. US English
Choice 2. UK English          Color displayed as Colour
Choice 3. US English

Scenario 2:
Choice 1. US English
Choice 2. US English          Color displayed as Colour
Choice 3. UK English

Scenario 3:
Choice 1. US English
Choice 2. US English          Color displayed as Color
Choice 3. US English

So why, if choice 1 is set to US English for scenarios 1 and 2, does it
still
display the UK spelling for color whereas the only way to get the US
spelling
for color, you must select US English for all three choices?
</cite>

Just a shot into the dark:
Maybe your US English dict has no entry for "color", then the word isn't
translated at all and "color" is from
the source code. Otherwise in UK English there is found "colour" and it is
used no matter which ranking it
is given, because it's the only translation.

Ciao,
Robert
.