List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Meta/Alt modifiers
From:       Michael Scheuner <michael () cos-data ! de>
Date:       1999-10-12 6:52:19

Hi,

Can anybody tell my what is the meta-key? As i understand this, it's the
windows-key on my keyboard. Didn't know it would have a function under Linux at
all.

in my kvt, Alt-F jumps one word forward, Alt-B on word backward (an so
behaves my xemacs). I use german as my primary language, so the File-menu is
activated with Alt-D (Datei).

Alt alone Selects the File-Menü, Meta (Windows-Key?) alone does nothing at all
in kvt. (or in any other K/X-app)

Regards,

Michael Scheuner