List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CodeWeb Documentation Available
From:       amir () cs ! washington ! edu (Amir Michail)
Date:       1999-10-03 23:10:44

Hi,

I have written documentation for the CodeWeb project.

Much as kdoc extracts reference documentation from source code, the
CodeWeb tool suite extracts tutorial-like information from a library
and existing real-life applications.

By browsing the resultant "reuse patterns" and reference documentation
(such as that generated by kdoc), one can learn to use the library by
example in much the same way as one would from a hand-written tutorial.

There are currently two documents:

http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/amir/CodeWeb/Browsing_Reuse_Patterns.pdf
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/amir/CodeWeb/Mining_Reuse_Patterns.pdf

(There are also postscript versions with .ps.gz suffixes.)

The first document gives an in-depth demonstration of how one can
learn to use the KDE core libraries by browsing the reuse patterns
generated by the tool.  This document includes numerous examples and
screenshots.

The second document describes the data mining process in some detail.

Amir

P.S.  I am currently updating the CodeWeb site which contains the
      results of the KDE library analysis.  So, you may encounter some
      errors while browsing.  Again, the site is at

    http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/projects/se/www/kde/reuse_patterns