List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: what can I do?
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 17:52:26

Robert Easter wrote:
> Hello, I'm interested in joining the KDE development team.  I have some
> C/C++ experience and have played with Qt programming.  Being a part of
> KDE-devel, even in a minor capacity, would give me a good project to work on
> as a way to learn new things.  I've been studying MICO corba too.  Very
> interesting.
>
> Well, let me know what you need from me.  I can send you some programs I've
> made if you want to try to guage my experience level to decide what I might
> be capable of working on.

Bob,  Welcome to the team :-)

In an OpenSource project like KDE, nobody tells anybody else what to
do.  Just work on whatever looks like fun.  Check out some apps and
add a feature that you like.  Write an app that doesn't exist.
Basically, do whatever you feel like (within reason -- don't be
messing with the core libraries unless you are *sure* of what you are
doing).

Now if you want a suggestion... I would look at KOffice.  There is
always tons of work that needs to be done and there can never be
enough people working on it.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth