List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-1.1.2: Comments on all-new Wallpapers
From:       "Robert Hagemann" <rhagemann () psipenta ! com>
Date:       1999-09-07 6:31:03

Hi,
<cite>
Images of hemp will not help get KDE or Linux into corporate America.
Although others may not, I do want KDE to be taken seriously by that
group.  Like it or not, corporate IT decision makers don't work off
technical merit alone.  IMHO, hemp only increases the FUD that these
people already have for open source software.
</cite>

1st) This penguin most of us know, looks pretty much like a toy, and it
haven't hindered "serious people"
considering Linux as a technical superior advantageous computing platform.
IT decision makers push M$-Products into their enterprises *with*
integrated flight simulators and
pinball games. So what?

2nd) The standard Un*x package fortune comes with some extra packages sex
related and poltit. incorrect --
Maybe we should have an configure switch to leave potentially offensive
stuff out of the installation?

3rd) Astounding -- one poor guy dropped a few lines about the KOffice vs.
Star Office topic and gets flamed
and some of our "main actors" think about leaving the mailing list due to
the noise level. But this strongly
development related topic ... deserves all the attention we pay?

4th) I want to have this mailing thread as part of kdebase, please.  Or
what about a booklet?

Ciao,
Robert
--
Keine Macht den Doofen (for non German speaker: "No power to dumbs" - this
sounds like the original