List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-1.1.2: Comments on all-new Wallpapers
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-09-07 6:38:42

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
[snip]
> On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>
> > Why not scanning a leaf that is politically and ideologically correct and
> > creating a background of it?
> >
> > Using a scanner and Gimp this is simple.
> >
> > ... unfortunately I have no scanner :-/
>
> Hey, I can scan my ass!

You know, Alex's butt, surprisingly enough, made me realize what a good
criterion for the wallpapers should be:

They should be in good taste. Fuck the whole legal/illegal stuff. A photo
of Alex's butt is not in good taste. A photo of hemp is on the boundary,
since I doubt anyone would make a picture like that only because it looks
good (a maple-leaf based one would be just as good, and probably easier to
make too)

So, ideologically I am not opposed to the hemp wallpaper, but I'm not sure
it's in good taste. Cameron Diaz OTOH is in good taste to me, but perhaps
not to others... I guess it's a case by case thing? Dunno. But I think the
good taste thing is a far better criterion than none at all.

BTW I vote against the naked mosfet too.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"