List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE-1.1.2: Comments on all-new Wallpapers
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-09-07 6:23:32

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Sep 1999, Kent Kersten wrote:
> > Including something that would be controversial in my country (U.S.)
> > would *not* be helpful to people such as myself who are trying to
> > persuade my Fortune-10 corporation to adopt Linux.
> >
> > -Kent
>
> If we have to give up our freedom to get Linux adopted, maybe your fortune-10
> company should just continue to use MS Windows.
>
> E-mail is controversial in China. Should we remove kmail from our next release?

Copyright issues aside, the startup image in KImageShop would be seriously
frowned upon in many nations of the world, considering they banned
Disney's Tarzan.

We must not hurt our acceptance in these parts of the world.

-Taj, just trying to bring a new perspective.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"