List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is the KDE cvsup-"ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk" not up to date anymore?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-09-01 8:10:01

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Alex Hayward wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Eugen R. Neuber wrote:
> >
> > > Second: since a few days I can't get any updates from your server! --- Did
> > > you change anything? Are there no current patches anymore?
> >
> > We had a problem with a stale lock file being left lying around after a
> > reboot whilst I was away. Updates should be going ahead normally now
> > (although it hasn't updated yet 'cos the master server has been too busy
> > for the past few hours).
> >
> > Another issue which people using CVSup from ferret might be affected by is
> > that I had to remove the www collection from the mirror a little while ago
> > due to the partition containing it nearly overflowing. The size of the CVS
> > repository has grown steadily since we started mirroring and the whole
> > thing would now take over 1GB.
>
> Well, using CVSUP for the www module doesn't make any sense anyway, or
> does it?

Well, it could. But Alex is right - we have to cleanup the CVS
repository.
It's nice to be able to see the version of kmail.kdelnk that was present
in 1.0beta3 - but who cares? We can still ship historical CVS
repositories
(David has the master I think :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.