List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.2 khtmlw memory leak patch - please test!
From:       Bo Thorsen <gobo () imada ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-08-28 9:07:41

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Bjarni R.
Einarsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Regarding http://bugs.kde.org/db/18/1812.html .
>
> I know I said I didn't know squat about Qt programming.  Well I
> don't.  But the lack of responses here on kfm-devel, some browsing
> of the khtmlw source code and "man qdict" inspired me to try
> anyway.
>
> Attached is an untested patch to fix the X/pixmap/cache memory
> leak in kdelibs/khtmlw.  Yeah, I said untested.  I don't have
> enough horsepower on my desk to build the KDE libs here at home,
> but I will test it when I get to work on Monday.  Just compiling
> the khtmlw widget to check for syntax errors was painful enough!

One small change in the destructor:

HTMLCachedImage::~HTMLCachedImage( )
{
    if (pixmap) delete pixmap;
    pixmap = 0;
}

should be

HTMLCachedImage::~HTMLCachedImage( )
{
    delete pixmap;
}

delete tests for the pointer being 0, and it does not make sense to assign
a variable in an object 2 milliseconds away from being deleted :-)

Wether your patch works I can't say, since I haven't tested it.

--

Bo Thorsen
gobo@imada.sdu.dk