List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.2 khtmlw memory leak patch - please test!
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-08-30 8:58:37

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Bjarni R. Einarsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Regarding http://bugs.kde.org/db/18/1812.html .
>
> I know I said I didn't know squat about Qt programming.  Well I
> don't.  But the lack of responses here on kfm-devel, some browsing
> of the khtmlw source code and "man qdict" inspired me to try
> anyway.
>
> Attached is an untested patch to fix the X/pixmap/cache memory
> leak in kdelibs/khtmlw.

The cache in khtmlw is for icons only. It is intended that this cache
is never deleted/cleared. A normal web-page does not load any icons and
does not use this cache at all.

I have heared several reports about growing _X-servers_ though so I
guess there is something wrong somwhere but I doubt that it is the
ImageCache in khtmlw. Feel free to convince me.

Cheers,
Waldo Bastian
bastian@kde.org