List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Output of child processes
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       1999-08-04 20:52:46

When I process the output of child processes - whether
find or cvs - their output seems to come in large chunks
instead of line by line which would be preferable for
a user interface. This is independent from the method
by which I use them - it occurs with popen() as well as
with KProcess. I suspect (but I'm not sure) that the libc
of these programs recognizes that it's not connected with
a terminal and therefore prefers to buffer its output. Is
that really the problem? If yes, how can I avoid that?

Bernd.