When I process the output of child processes - whether find or cvs - their output seems to come in large chunks instead of line by line which would be preferable for a user interface. This is independent from the method by which I use them - it occurs with popen() as well as with KProcess. I suspect (but I'm not sure) that the libc of these programs recognizes that it's not connected with a terminal and therefore prefers to buffer its output. Is that really the problem? If yes, how can I avoid that? Bernd.