List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with KFM
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-08-04 11:53:38

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Harri Porten wrote:

> Lars Knoll wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, someone going to implement javascript support tomorrow in
> > > the morning?
> >
> > Sorry, I've already got other plans tomorrow... ;-)
> >
> > Seriously: There are chances we will have jscript support in 2.0.
> > I'm busy coding a DOM for khtml and once that is working a bit better
> > (actually it's still not working at all :-) it'll be possible.
>
> Serious comment from me too: that information comes at the right time.
> Last night I decided to stop working on another interpreter I have on my
> disc and give JavaScript a try. It's a completely different matter but
> could turn out to be a better contribution to KDE.

Great. We really need some people to work on that stuff if we wan't to get
it ready for 2.0

> My main concern (apart from the likelihood of me failing;) was the
> integration into khtml. But if you already started a DOM that's a very
> good start.

Yes, but it'll take some more time untill it'll get useable. I have to
rewrite a lot of khmtl's internals.

> Don't expect anything soon since I'll have to start from scratch. I
> *know* about Torbens effort (I've already mailed him some questions
> about it) but hopping into someones elses project isn't very easy and
> not too much fun.

Just FYI, there's a free jscript library around. The homepage is supposed
to be at www.ngs.fi:81, but the server seems to be down since some time.
But I think I still have a quite recent version of the lib on my HD at
home.

Cheers,
Lars