On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Harri Porten wrote: > Lars Knoll wrote: > > > > > Yeah, someone going to implement javascript support tomorrow in > > > the morning? > > > > Sorry, I've already got other plans tomorrow... ;-) > > > > Seriously: There are chances we will have jscript support in 2.0. > > I'm busy coding a DOM for khtml and once that is working a bit better > > (actually it's still not working at all :-) it'll be possible. > > Serious comment from me too: that information comes at the right time. > Last night I decided to stop working on another interpreter I have on my > disc and give JavaScript a try. It's a completely different matter but > could turn out to be a better contribution to KDE. Great. We really need some people to work on that stuff if we wan't to get it ready for 2.0 > My main concern (apart from the likelihood of me failing;) was the > integration into khtml. But if you already started a DOM that's a very > good start. Yes, but it'll take some more time untill it'll get useable. I have to rewrite a lot of khmtl's internals. > Don't expect anything soon since I'll have to start from scratch. I > *know* about Torbens effort (I've already mailed him some questions > about it) but hopping into someones elses project isn't very easy and > not too much fun. Just FYI, there's a free jscript library around. The homepage is supposed to be at www.ngs.fi:81, but the server seems to be down since some time. But I think I still have a quite recent version of the lib on my HD at home. Cheers, Lars