List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.2-Preview: eyecandy.png
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-07-28 11:30:57

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Ming Poon wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was just informed by our UI design team that the word 'Trash' and the
> Trash icon are trademarks of the Apple Macontish and cannot be used. As
> Apple can go after us (Corel) legally, we will be changing some of the
> problematic icons in our version of KDE that may have certain legal
> implications. For the Trash, we are thinking of using the word Dumpster
> and a dark green Dumpster icon. Any thought on this icon and stupid
> trademark issues. Thanks.

Only one thought. Apple want to make sure that nobody isd in their
way when they crawl into their own Trash bin an. I will never
purchase a nApple product.

Sorry for wasting your bandwidth, all.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"