List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: XDND decode sequence
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-07-28 6:15:18

At 05:36 PM 7/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>woops, I sent this to Espen Sand by mistake...

And I replied to Glen Parker (not a mistake really)

>> >BTW, you might check kedit also, IIRC it was written the same way.
>>
>> I can do that. However, shouldn't one use the QUriDrag instead of
>> QUrlDrag?
>> I have seen that the QUriDrag handles the situation that occur when the
>> filename has already been transformed (eg, "file.txt~" =>
>> "file.txt%7E") when
>> QUriDrag decodes the name while QUrlDrag transforms the "%" once more.
>
>Hmmmm...  here is how QUrlDrag is defined (QT-2.0.1):
>#ifndef QT_NO_COMPAT
>typedef QUriDrag QUrlDrag;
>#endif

I think I use 2.0 on the machine where I saw this behavior. I will test
once more. Perhaps there is something I didn't understand/overlooked, but
the fact remains, when I swicthed QUrlDrag to QUriDrag (in kwrite) kwrite was
able to read the dropped file. Strange.

mmmm.. thinking of it, I did decode to a QStringList with QUriDrag so I
must have used another decode() method. In kwrite the filename was decoded
and placed in a QStrList (btw, should one do that now - unicode) so it
must have used a different method.
Espen Sand, Research Scientist
-----
Norsk Elektro Optikk A/S     Work: mailto:espen.sand@neo.no
Solheimveien 62A             Home: mailto:espensa@online.no
P.O.Box 384                  Phone +47 67 91 11 54 (Direct)
N-1471 Skarer                Phone +47 67 97 47 00
Norway.                      Fax:  +47 67 97 49 00
-----