List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: XDND decode sequence
From:       "Glen Parker" <glenebob () nwlink ! com>
Date:       1999-07-28 0:36:47

woops, I sent this to Espen Sand by mistake...

> >BTW, you might check kedit also, IIRC it was written the same way.
>
> I can do that. However, shouldn't one use the QUriDrag instead of
> QUrlDrag?
> I have seen that the QUriDrag handles the situation that occur when the
> filename has already been transformed (eg, "file.txt~" =>
> "file.txt%7E") when
> QUriDrag decodes the name while QUrlDrag transforms the "%" once more.

Hmmmm...  here is how QUrlDrag is defined (QT-2.0.1):
#ifndef QT_NO_COMPAT
typedef QUriDrag QUrlDrag;
#endif

I went ahead and converted both KWrite and KEdit to use QUriDrag, and
changed the order of checking as you specified, committed now to cvs.  It
works much better now ;-)

And a bug report of sorts:  KFileDialog appears to be generating a QTextDrag
instead of a QUriDrag object...

Glen