List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMaili pgp sign problem - HELP
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-07-26 16:57:50

Sven Radej wrote:
> The "-- " (dash-dash-space) is really causing the problem - removing the space
> either by typing or changing kmail source solves the problem. So in worst case
> I will commit this "fix". But before that, I'll try to see where is the
> real source of problem.
>
> Does anyone know how and why pgp5 escapes/changes the "-- " string? Maybe
> it tries to avoid signing the sig? ("signing the sig" - this sounds good.
> Hope you know what I mean :-)

Well, I don't know anything about pgp5 (haven't used pgp since 2.6) or the
rationale.. BUT changing the sig delimiter from "-- " to "--" just to
appease it is plainly wrong.  "-- " is the de facto standard for signature
delimiters, anything is incorrect.  If KMail doesn't follow it, then it
will be great for those few people that use pgp5 and will be broken for the
99% of people that don't.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth