List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Krash release
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-07-18 19:04:32

On 19-Jul-99 Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>> If you want to have a version of your application ready shortly after
>> Kopernicus has been released. And for your own pleasure of course :)
>
> Hmm. Does porting an approx. 4kloc application to Qt+kdelibs 2
> require more than a saturday afternoon?

Took me about that long to port Empath.
I just defined QT_NO_ASCII_CAST, did a sed s/QString/QCString/ in my message
parser, and fixed what needed it.

For a while I even got away with some #if QT_VERSION >=200 stuff to select
between 1 + 2 code.

There aren't that many major changes to make - KStdDirs, some obsolete widgets
disappeared, etc.

The thing that might take the most time is KTabListBox->QListView but even
that shouldn't take long.

Cheers,
Rik

--