List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Partial menus?
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-07-18 19:03:59

Random thoughts:

With KOM/OP, we can have embedded components that have their own menu and tool
bars.  That's cool.

I've been thinking lately, though, of embedded components that aren't quite
that advanced.  What if it were possible for a component to only have a single
menu... or even one single menu item.  And what if this menu was *always*
visible -- no dependent on the component being active.

This first occured to me when I was working with an add-in debugging tool for
Visual C++ (BoundsChecker -- I really wish there was a free Unix-based
equivalent to it).  BoundsChecker asked when it installed if you wanted to
integrate it with VC++.  If you checked 'yes', then from then on, you would
see a few BoundsChecker specific options in the existing menu bar.  They
would be there even if BoundsChecker was not running!

Quick question for now: is this possible already and I haven't noticed it?
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth