List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Krash release
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-19 15:44:44

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > DISCLAIMER:
> > Developers shouldn't count on application which work with 'Krash' will
> > work with 2.0 (Kopernicus) as well though. It's just that the conversion
> > from 'Krash' to 'Kopernicus' should be relative easy.
>
> How long is the time between Krash and Kopernicus? 4 months?
> Half a year? If I port my application to Krash, this means
> that I cannot release anything for users for several
> months.

That's up to you. You can still make versions based on 1.1 as well
of course. It's true that it makes no sense to release an application
which is based on Krash.

> Why should I do that? (except for my own pleasure ;-)

If you want to have a version of your application ready shortly after
Kopernicus has been released. And for your own pleasure of course :)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"