List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: kde-1.1.2 issues
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       1999-07-05 9:20:42

On Sat, 03 Jul 1999, Christoph Neerfeld wrote:
> On 03-Jul-99 Rolf Offermanns wrote:
> > I have just made a fresh kde installation from the kde-1_1_branch...
> [..]
> > I have got a question:
> > If i want to start a app from the panel i create a icon via
> > File->New->Application and then i drag it to the panel...
> > Is there an easy way to get an app to the panel without creating an icon
> > for it on the desktop first?
>
> Drag the program from kfm and drop it onto the panel. It will create a
> kdelnk-file on its own.

Still not what he asked for, IMO ;-)

If you want to have an applnk in your panel that does not yet exist
you have to do two steps now:

1. open kfm window, go to a suitable directory, create the applnk there

2. drag this applnk into the panel

I have several of these for scripts of mine because I want some custom
icons. Just dragging the scripts into the panel does not allow me to
set the icon.

Ok, back to the topic:  what would be nice is to be able to make
such a panel button directly in one step.

Kind regards,
Stefan