On Sat, 03 Jul 1999, Christoph Neerfeld wrote: > On 03-Jul-99 Rolf Offermanns wrote: > > I have just made a fresh kde installation from the kde-1_1_branch... > [..] > > I have got a question: > > If i want to start a app from the panel i create a icon via > > File->New->Application and then i drag it to the panel... > > Is there an easy way to get an app to the panel without creating an icon > > for it on the desktop first? > > Drag the program from kfm and drop it onto the panel. It will create a > kdelnk-file on its own. Still not what he asked for, IMO ;-) If you want to have an applnk in your panel that does not yet exist you have to do two steps now: 1. open kfm window, go to a suitable directory, create the applnk there 2. drag this applnk into the panel I have several of these for scripts of mine because I want some custom icons. Just dragging the scripts into the panel does not allow me to set the icon. Ok, back to the topic: what would be nice is to be able to make such a panel button directly in one step. Kind regards, Stefan