List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Proposal for a new application - GOFAI-WMT
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-07-02 1:38:38

  Hi everybody

  In the recent days I was working on an application which essentially
implements a visually browsable conceptual graph. The idea is that the
node's have some meaning (name, notes, links to web, links to files and
maybe embedded data like todos, addresses, appointments etc), and than
these things are linked together with links like "is-a", "reminds-me-of",
"implies" etc., also user defined ones.

  It is somewhat similar to the Slashdot "Everything" and to a Windows
shareware program called "The Brain".

  I've just started developing about a week ago so it is not really
usable yet, but it displays and navigates the graph (with animation :-),
loads/saves etc.

  I just wanted to consult with the developer community if it is anybody
interested in helping with this, and if it is considered interesting
enough such to import it into kdenonbeta.

             Lotzi B.

PS: Oh, I almost forgot: the name would be
Good Old Fashioned Artificial Intelligence - With a Modern Twist
(gofai-wmt)