List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Postscript preview widget
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-06-24 11:40:43

On Don, 24 Jun 1999, Espen Sand wrote:
> Have anybody done some work on a postscript preview widget? I would like to have
> one integrated into an application. I can use kghostview, gv, etc but I would
> prefer to avoid launching another program. Besides, then the widget
> could be configured to use the paper type, orientation, magnification etc as
> selected by current print settings. This would simplify usage for the
> "common" user.

The best solution IMHO is to add a OpenParts interface to kghostview. I'm
currently rewriting khelpcenter (use OpenParts) and I plan to hack a OpenPart
and a Konqueror View interface into kghostview and kdvi, for ps,dvi viewing in
khelpcenter and konqy.

--
Matthias Elter
me@kde.org / me@main-echo.net