List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Haleluja :-)
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-06-19 17:07:28

weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:

>    1.8MB !!!!!

> With the real STL I got 2.6 MB and 100kB accont example.
> The rest of the optimization was done with mini-stl.
> As you can see STL sucks !!!!!

Well, unless Kay will provide support in form of #ifdef's in the source
for the "slim" mico version, it won't help us much.

I wonder how big a Qt C++ binding would be. Orbit is < 600kb. Are
we able to code such a binding that is smaller than 1.2MB ?

If yes, then I suggest coding a C++ binding exactly in the way we
_need_ it would be a much better solution than trying to slim down
mico.

> I am soooooo happy :-)

Will Kay provide a --enable-KDE-version switch ?

BTW, is there really no "tiny and slim for basic usage" ORB available?
I don't know, but I don't believe we need the extended features mico
provides.

--
Dirk A. Mueller