List:       kde-devel
Subject:    starting KDE with startx
From:       Robert Williams <rwilliams () jrc-utah ! com>
Date:       1999-06-19 18:16:38

I have Caldera 2.2 and can not get KDE to start using 'startx'.  Bu t if
I 'init 5' it brings up kdm and then I can use KDE 2.0 (with twm :-(.

From .xerrors:
"
AUDIT: 9718 Xwrapper: client 1 rejected from local host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
_X11TransSocketUNIZCOnnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
"

When I use 'startx' I get a blank screen with a mouse cursor and that is
it.  Why does init 5 work and not startx?

By the way when I use init 5 I get 'twm' and not kwm.   I have in my
.xinitrc file 'exec startkde'.  How do I get KWM to work at least under
init 5?  This is really baffling me.

I am using KDE 2.0, but when I had 1.1.1 init 5 would bring up kwm.  I
am lost...

--
Robert Williams        rwilliams@jrc-utah.com
Jarob Consulting       rwilliams@kde.org