List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Haleluja :-)
From:       Steffen Hansen <stefh () mip ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-06-19 14:44:41

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Sven Radej wrote:

> >That's great news! Will we switch to such a tinyMico?
>
> Er... this means we are kind of forking the tree. Unless Kay  provides some
> kind of #ifdef TINYMICO or --tiny-mico configure option.
>
> If we don't use that STL (mini or true) who does then? Mico itself?

MICO uses STL a _lot_. This is one of main reasons it's bloated.

> As far as I understood there still should be change in IDL to make "Qt-like
> source" . Will then (mini) STL still be needed?

A version of MICO that uses Q* datastructures will be harder to
produce/maintain because a lot of code has to be changed. What Torben did
was mostly to "just" remove a lot of code and do "./configure
--with-mini-stl".

What about the MinimumCORBA spec. people talk about? I think it's intended
for embedded solutions and such.

greetings,
--
Steffen Hansen