List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/kdeui
From:       Mario Weilguni <mweilguni () sime ! com>
Date:       1999-05-30 10:02:22

Am Sun, 30 May 1999 schrieb Dirk A. Mueller:
>Harri Porten <porten@tu-harburg.de> wrote:
>
>> If Mario's change broke kdebase it should be fixed there by including
>> the necessary headers.
>
>So wherever kcontrol.h is included we should add the necessary
>qt-#includes ?
>
>Why do we have the KDE include files if we try to make them obsolete
>anyway ? ;-)
>
>Imho compilation time can't be more important than proper dependencies.
>What happens if some declarations are changed in the header file? Then
>you have to fix a dozen places again. That will be surely more work.
>
>For me, compilation time mostly doesn't matter. I usually let it
>compile over night (watching compilation is boring), and usually see in
>the morning that it didn't run through.
>
>If that was his intention, it is imho fair to do the changes local only
>_first_ and see what it breaks and _fix_ that also (!) before
>committing something that breaks compilation everywhere else.

This was my intention, and I did a check with grep for kcontrol includes. Maybe
that did not work. But if you don't understand why somebody commited a patch,
please ask per private email or on kde-devel first before overriding it.

Mario

--
Aquadextrous, adj.:
	Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub faucet on and off