List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to make your translators lives easier
From:       Daniel Naber <dnaber () mini ! gt ! owl ! de>
Date:       1999-05-28 18:52:15

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> In general this is a wonderful idea and I'm sure translators that once
> learn the context will comment the pot file to make other translator's
> life easier.

And yet another idea: Since many (most?) of the KDE apps are written
by people who donīt speak english natively, what about exporting all
i18n strings and check them by somebody who speaks english as his
mother tongue?

There are surely some mistakes (I (not being a native english
speaker) found some in kmail, e.g.) and doesnīt take much time.
For example, in kmail, there are ~650 lines of i18n, most of them very
short terms. These can be checked and corrected in less than an
hour, I guess.

So itīs easy to do and it will make the KDE apps look more
professional.

Regards
 Daniel

--
PGP Key fingerprint = 3D 98 9E D2 00 B6 E0 9D  7E B9 77 23 17 E2 11 6A