List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: about our attitude towards M$ windows
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-28 18:45:36

Aaron Levinson wrote:

> I've been looking for a tool like this, and I was told that one existed,
> but I could never find it in kdenetwork.  I do agree that the name is a
> bit misleading, however.  It makes me think that kNetmon is a network
> monitor--Microsoft ships a similar application with WinNT, and it
> certainly is not the network neighborhood.  Why not change the name to
> something that isn't misleading?  BTW, it would be great to have a

I'm glad, I'm not the only one feeling that way. I have to answer a lot
of questions and make a lot of decisions the day and I don't say that
I'm always saying everything the right way, but if I make someone feel
bad, that's not what I intend. What I said I was quite suprised that
knetmon is only for Windows networks and that I can't use it as I spent
a lot of time in trying to compile it under my Solaris system.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Und sie nannten ihn, wie er selbst unterschrieb -
Den Trojanischen Pferdedieb