List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kimgio and qimgio : nonsense.
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-05-23 12:04:25

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Mosfet wrote:
[snip]
> That is because there is a penalty for converting an X11 Pixmap to an
> X11 XImage. One is on the server and one is in the client. You will pay
> this no

The problem is converting from Imlib's internal image format to anything
Qt/KDE can use (be it QPixmap or QImage). This is an extra layer above and
beyond the QImage->QPixmap conversion that we already pay for with each
image load anyway (as you just mentioned).

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne
			"I'm a commercial operating system."