List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: --enable-final
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-05-20 10:32:51

Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 09:44:05PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Rikkus asked for --enable-final and I thought
> > about how to do it right. And today I rewrote
> > 50% of am_edit to make this possible (in fact
> > making it possible fascinated me more than
> > using it actually :)
>
> What does --enable-final do, actually?
Well, magic - it does magic :)

It replaces the kpager_OBJECTS line in the Makefile with
kpager_OBJECTS = kpager.all.o and adds a dependency that
creates a file kpager.all.cpp with an include statement
per file formerly in kpager_OBJECTS. The implementation
is a bit tricky when it is combined with moc files, but
it still works ok.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.