List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig again
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-05-17 17:16:01

Sven Radej <sven@lisa.exp.univie.ac.at> wrote:

>> Good idea, I suggest something like KConfig::OpenLocal()/CloseLocal()
>> and KConfig::OpenGlobal()/CloseGlobal() (the .kderc file). By
>> default,
> There are options we want to keep global for all apps, and override
> them for some apps. Therefore we must read both local (app) and global
> rc file, and (local) apprc must have priority.

Okay, then implement a lazy-read (that the config-files only get parsed
when the first call to readEntry() is made) and add a KConfig::Close()
method where you explicitely can tell the KConfig Objekt that you won't
access it in the near future any more (it can free the loaded data mem
and reload it on the next access to readEntry/writeEntry).

--
Dirk A. Mueller