List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig again
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-05-16 10:57:15

Yep, this is my general impression. Most apps read in KConfig files in their
constructors and stick the items they want into their own internal data
structures. They don't continually call readEntry(). So why cache the file in
memory if it is getting expensive to do so?

As far as writing data you are going to be hit when you sync() anyways.

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com