List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Icons in KDE 2.0
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-13 21:28:37

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Mosfet wrote:

> This has more to do with the scaling alorigthm than the image format.
> No matter how an image is compressed or formatted a bitmap is still a
> bitmap.

I didn't mean the "image format" per se in that PNG scales better than
XPM.  I meant the actual icon drawing itself.  Some drawings lend
themselves much better to scaling than others, which look like total crap
when scaled.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.